Wednesday, April 15, 2015

One For The Murphys by Lynda Mullay Hunt


Title: One For The Murphys


Author: Lynda Mullay Hunt


Length: 256 pages


Blurb (From the back of the book): Twelve-year-old Carley Connors can take a lot. Growing up in Las Vega with her fun-loving mother, she's learned to be tough. But she never expected a betrayal that would land her in foster care. When she's placed with the Murphys, a lively family with three boys, she's blindsided. Mrs. Murphy makes her feel seen and heard for the first time. Then, just when she starts to believe she could truly be one of the Murphys, news from her mother shakes her world. 

I got this book because, well, it looked good. I must say, this book has many good messages coming through:

- Unconditional Love
- Family and Friends = Everything
- You can't live without loved ones

I love the family dynamic in this book. Mrs. Murphy seems like a hero. Mr. Murphy and all of the other boys have Carley's back no matter what. I especially love her best friend Toni. Toni is, dare I say, sorta like me. She is crazy cool, loves Wicked the musical, and is an absolute rebel. 

This book even had me crying at one point. I know, crazy! I couldn't put this book down, no matter how hard I tried. Books about friendship, family, and home have unique perspectives and back stories. 







But, there was on part that I'm still wondering about. Who is Rainer really? He was explained, but not thoroughly in my opinion. And, I didn't really understand his part in the book.






The Verdict?


5 hearts!


If you've read One for the Murphys, what did you think?


Forever Trisha <3

8 comments:

  1. I've read it! It was good. I'm not sure that I was satisfied with the ending. Linda Mullay Hunt just came out with another book, Fish In A Tree. I have just read that too. It's good- its kind of like the book Because of Mr. Teupt. have you read it or because of mr. terupt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Because of Mr. Terupt! One of my favorite books ever :) Did you know that there is a 3rd book coming out called Saving Mr. Terupt? I want it BAD!

    I want to read her new book too. It sounds really good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool. I didn't know that a 3rd book was coming out! Can't wait. I love how it's told from many different perspectives of the students.

      Delete
    2. Same here. I'm a sucker for different perspectives.

      Delete
  3. Hey Trisha! I tagged you to do the "Teenage Girl" tag! I hope you can join!

    https://abookishflower.wordpress.com/2015/04/19/the-teenage-girl-tag/

    (great review by the way!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. As for the tag, I sure will! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review. I might try to read this one.

    Mariz @ http://sliceofreads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys!! Feel free to leave anything that's on your minds. I love you all!!