Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Finding Ruby Starling by Karen Rivers

 Title: Finding Ruby Starling


Author: Karen Rivers



Length: 288 pages




Blurb: When Ruth Quayle used a special app to find pictures of herself online, she found dozens of images of "Ruth Quayle"-- and one of "Ruby Starling." When Ruby Starling gets a message from Ruth Quayle proclaiming to be long-lost twin sisters, she doesn't know what to do with it -- until another message arrives the day after,  and another one. It could be a crazy stalker ... but she and Ruth do share a birthday, and a very distinctive ear... Ruth is an extroverted American girl. Ruby is a shy English one. As they investigate the truth of their birth, and the circumstances of their separation, they also share lives full of friends, family, and possible romances -- they realize they each may be the sister the other knew she needed. 

I had gotten this book from the library after realizing it was based off of one of my favorite movies: The Parent Trap. Fun Fact: Did you know that the movie was based off a book? Anyways, I loved the movie, and I felt like I should give the book a chance.

I especially loved their witty comments, and emails. Even the poems and letters had me gripping the book for more. The Ruth-Deliah moments were really sad, but created that Parent Trap vibe. Jedgar, Tink, Fiona, and Clophie (Chloe and Sophie; don't ask) were amazing friends. Honestly, Karen Rivers has made a great book!

                                                   

Though, there was one part I just didn't understand. Ruby's crush on Nate from the band STOP. It was like, he was part of something, but he wasn't. 

                                  

I just want to add that when both of them email each other in the beginning, it was a some-what river of denial. I understand that, but not that much. I'd be shocked, but I think I would come to accept it a little quicker. 


The Verdict?




5 Hearts!


                      I would certainly read this book again.



Forever Trisha <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys!! Feel free to leave anything that's on your minds. I love you all!!