Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Peeled by Joan Bauer

Title: Peeled


Author: Joan Bauer


Length: 256 pages


Blurb: Hildy Biddle wants something monumental to happen so she can finally prove herself to be more than a high school journalist. The problem? her town's biggest story stars a ghost, which is not an easy interview. But while the local paper is playing up people's fears with shocking headlines of creepy happenings, Hildy is determined to figure out what's really going on. Unfortunately, her desire to uncover the truth is starting to cause a stir. With rumors swirling and tensions high, can Hildy push past all the hype and find out the real truth?



I got this book because I've read MANY of Joan Bauer's books (as ya know), and have enjoyed them thoroughly them all. 


She didn't disappoint me :)


I think this gif represents the whole book!


There are so many little details that really made the come together.  Their town, the ghost, and, of course, the spirit of friendship. I especially loved that the main character, Hildy, was a writer. Major points in my book! (Pun intended!) So was her cousin! 

Ahh... and Hildy's love story. Both of her former boyfriends had cheated on her. But, the worst part for Hildy is that one of them was on the school newspaper with her. I definitely sympathized her situation. 

Apparently, Hildy is exactly like her father, reporting wise. He seemed like a wonderful man, so I was sad that we didn't get to meet him. 

Now, the story of the ghost is some-what scrambled. From what I can recollect, there is a haunted house where some died, a local girl get visions (I think) , and a terrible accident happens. The neighbors of that house are being threatened (as far as I could make out), and they were being told to leave. 


The Verdict?


5 hearts!

Did any of you guys read this book? if so, what did you think?

4 comments:

  1. I really loved this book. I loved the main character, I thought she was so sweet, and it was a very easy read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I felt that it was a great, easy, and amazing book. :)

      Delete
  2. Aw such a cute book! After reading your review, I kind of want to read it now haha :) I like the idea of the book. I mean, I've never really read anything about a ghost being a huge story in town so this seems pretty new to me. Hildy makes out a really cool character here! Lovely review, Trisha! Looking this up in GR in a while haha :)

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should!! I think you would really like the book.

      Delete

Hey guys!! Feel free to leave anything that's on your minds. I love you all!!